Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Quick Reference Guide

It's come to my attention that some out there may be reading this with more than just the passing curiosity I imagined when I set up this blog January 26. So maybe this is the time to post a few short reminders about what's what.

1.Purpose--This is a blog about finding optimism in hard times. This is my personal journey, so it necessarily involves my personal struggles. It wouldn't be honest, otherwise. It's humor oriented because humor helps me deal with unpleasant things. It is my modest hope that in some way this blog can help others out there who are feeling scared and desperate. After all, why would anyone write a blog who didn't want to help others? For a more complete explanation of this, click on my first post.

2.I sometimes use a returning motif to stand in for a larger, wordier idea. This should not be read literally. For example, "The Destroyer." Here's the first reference. And here is the second reference.

3.I encourage comments, including anonymous ones. I hope I fixed the issues with the comments settings so that people can post. But I do have a policy: No race baiting. No gender baiting. No excessive profanity (and I will be the one to decide what that is.) I reserve the right to remove comments that do not abide by this policy.

Hope this helps those who were unclear on these questions and were not able to find the answers in older posts.

...roxie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

checking