Monday, May 18, 2009

Not today, I have a headache

I had a post all planned for today, I swear. It would have been brilliant, too.
Unfortunately, instead I spent the entire work day--and I mean the entire day--learning the updated version of a program I use to figure and print piano lesson bills.
I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say that nothing on the new version was in the same place as on the old. Once I did find them, the commands did not work the same way. And for one last insult, the finished product wouldn't print properly.
So here I sit, hours later. I had just enough time to get them printed before lessons. Now lessons are done, I'm too tired to blog. That brilliant post will just have to wait.
In the meantime I'm grateful and optimistic because....
because...

okay, got it. I'm grateful and optimistic because my brain did not calcify today. And because some things work better on the new program. (But not all).

There. Time now to de-stress. Think I'll revisit my old friends, the dolphins.