Thursday, April 23, 2009

Take my daughter....please!


It's Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day. So today, I have a co-blogger. Say hi, Irene.

Irene: Hola chicas and chicos .

Me: In the 20 years I've had kids in school, I've never taken any of them to work. This is the first time (and probably the last) that I've let anyone miss a school day for this. Am I the coolest mom, or what?

Irene: ummmm yeah 'bout that.....not really sure.....freinds say you're "groovy" but you're as lame as a black and white movie.

Me: Uh...what time is it again? 1:25? Yeah, I think you could still catch science class 7th hour if we hurry...

Irene: goddd nooooo! i just....um...no.

Me: So, were you wondering why I've never let any of you kids out of school for TYD&STW Day? Ask me. Ask me why.

Irene:...........................................why?....................

Me: What a great question! Well, when the boys were school age, boys weren't really encouraged to go. It was supposed to be just girls. I always thought they would have benefitted just as much to see women in the workplace, but oh well. Then, I always felt a little bad that I worked from home. The idea was to get girls out of the house. Show them the correct choice--a career outside the home. And after all these years, I have seen the light. It is the correct choice, Irene.

Irene: I didnt read that at all so ill go on about pandas. Pandas what significant creatures they are. with their light fluffy coats and their black and white pattern. Just so lovable i could go on about them FOREVAAA!

Me: Okaaaay. Anyway, here's the other reason. The economy is making me become dangerously unsocialized. I used to believe you should keep your kids in school every possible day. Now, I look around me and say, "Meh. What's the point?"

Irene: alright something important is about to go down right here. CRISTIANO RONALDO is the
most sexiest dude alive! with his rock hard body and cute face. He is a hotty with a swimmers body. fo sho

Me: Yeah. Roger that. Irene, what has our day been so far?

Irene: Alright Roxie/y our day so far has been quite interesting.....First, we had breakfast. Second, we played with puppy (einstein.) Third, we went to yoga BLAH. Fourth, we worked on key board merit schedule (boring as a monkey turd on a stick.) Fifth, we read a book contract. And now im being entertained.

Me: Yes. Entertaining it is. After this, we'll work on the garden blog, learn some html and maybe you can sit in on my only lesson today (if the student agrees).

Irene: *sarcasticly sayin* YAY!

Me: In other words, we've taken what was supposed to be a workplace experience and used it to totally screw off. Yay, us! Irene, what have you learned today? I know it wasn't spelling.

Irene: absolutly nothing ohhh wait! i learned that my mom is reallllllyyyyy boringgggggg!

Me: Yes. Yes I am. Don't follow my example. Get out there in business and work, girl!

Irene: i plan to. farrrrrrrrr awayyyy frooommmmm you/here.... gator smell ya later

No comments: