Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Day After Tax Day


I've been especially wordy lately so today I'm giving everyone a break. I won't rant on and on for a change.
Here are a couple of quick items.
First, I now have a line on my next career. I want to become a franchisee of a local Sarah's Smash Shack. (CNN story here.)
Sarah Lavely of San Diego, CA, is a former veterinarian whose new business seems aptly timed. Her's is a place where you can vent. You go in, plunk down some coin, suit up in safety gear and you can throw plates, glasses and other breakables to your heart's content. Take it from me, there's nothing like the satisfying sound of bone china hitting concrete at 40 miles an hour. It's so much cheaper than that Glock, and there's no waiting period. And here's the beauty part--you don't have to spend hours in triage and cleanup afterward like usual.

I hope someone forwards this next video to the Kansas City Council. See?! See what we're missing out on by not having commuter rail? This is what's going on in the Central Train Station in Antwerp, Belgium.





Actually, it was a publicity stunt staged by a television station, apparently for a reality show looking for auditioners for the Sound of Music.
Hey, somebody should have told the Tea Partiers to do this yesterday. If they had, I'd have gone. Well, maybe next time...

No comments: